Successful migration towards the new IAM platform is subject to a number of factors:
- Ensuring careful planning and budgetary considerations;
- Maintaining compatibility with existing system/IT functionalities;
- Successfully integrating new IT functionalities;
- Guaranteeing uninterrupted operational service and stability (‘Uptime’) for approximately 23 000 employees as well as millions of citizens and other authorized users.
In 2005, SPF Finances requested Paradigmo to develop an IAM solution for its employees, (also known as ‘internal users’). Over the years, the IAM services of SPF Finances have further developed and this has enabled successful integration of an increasing number of applications.
In 2010, a second project was initiated with the goal of expanding IAM services to include external users- also including citizens, as well as other authorized users such as accountants. The project was called FedIAM and its aim is to authenticate these external users and provide them with access to the applications of SPF Finances (the most well-known of these include Tax-on-Web and MyMinFin). Paradigmo successfully delivered on this project, by using the Oracle platform OpenSSO.
In 2017, SPF Finances once again relied on Paradigmo to completely overhaul the IAM platform and migrate towards ForgeRock’s OpenAM solution. This is a fixed-price project within the framework of a contract with SPF BOSA (SPF Beleid & Ondersteuning - Stratégie et Appui).
This platform migration has been executed by Paradigmo during 2017 and 2018. SPF Finances successfully migrated to ForgeRock’s OpenAM platform running on a Linux environment – which is more modern, has increased stability and enhanced security. As a result, it has now improved from grade B to grade A.
Thanks to RockKit (which is the automated deployment tool), the implementation of the new platform has been done even faster. The RockKit methodology makes it possible to respond very quickly to all migration requirements.
As well as the migration itself, two new applications have also been added :
- A tool which provides a simulation of any access request from any user;
- The second application enables the helpdesk to directly check a user’s rights and permissions without having to login, and to suggest that the user request the correct access role.
The migration has been successfully achieved on time and on budget. This is thanks in large part to Paradigmo’s efficient working methods and the provision of additional resources when required.
ForgeRock’s OpenAM platform especially supports the following applications: